Strawn ISD is working closely with state, county, and local officials to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation. As always, the district will take all necessary precautions to protect the health and welfare of all students and staff. Please continue to follow our Strawn ISD website and Facebook Page for the latest updates.
P-EBT (Pandemic-Electronic Benefits Transfer) is a one-time food benefit for families who lost access to free or reduced-price meals due to school closures. To view the letter, click here. For more information, visit: hhs.Texas.gov/PEBT.
Strawn ISD is pleased to be able to offer face-to-face summer instruction! We will be following the health and safety guidelines from TEA which can be found here. If you have questions about summer school or would like more information, please contact your child's teacher or our office.
Continuing through June 23rd, Strawn ISD will serve sack lunches to our students and community. The day before, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or text through the Remind, requesting how many sack meals you need per family. These will be available from 11:00 A.M. to 12:00 noon, on Mondays and Wednesdays. Form a drive through line in the new gym parking lot, remain in your car, and Strawn ISD staff will deliver your meals to you! *To join our Remind where you can request your meals through text, type 81010 in the recipients bar and @h9ckck in the message. Once joined, you can send a text requesting the number of meals you would like to pick up.
Please contact the school if we can assist your family in any way. More information and guidance will be made available on our Facebook Page and website.
Strawn ISD asks the broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don't shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 feet of distance between people (at lest an arm's length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don't congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases - both inside and outside the country - we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care