Strawn ISD is working closely with state, county, and local officials to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation. As always, the district will take all necessary precautions to protect the health and welfare of all students and staff. Please continue to follow our Strawn ISD website and Facebook Page for the latest updates.
At this time, these Palo Pinto County school districts have opted not to provide an estimated return-to-school date due to uncertainties related to the severity and duration of the pandemic and due to the likelihood that any date selected might have to be extended again. School offices and campuses will remain closed during this extension. This includes cancelling all extracurricular activities, practices, and athletic events. We will also take these days to further clean schools and buses and restock custodial and nursing supplies. Leaders in each respective district will continue to monitor recommendations from health and safety officials and announcements from state and federal elected officials in order to determine an appropriate date for return to school. Once a return-to-school date is selected, school officials from each ISD will alert their communities with ample notice through their usual channels of communication.
Beginning Monday, March 30th, Strawn ISD will begin serving sack lunches to our students and community. The day before, please send an email to email@example.com or text through the Remind, requesting how many sack meals you need per family. These will be available from 11:00 A.M. to 12:00 noon, on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Form a drive through line in the new gym parking lot, remain in your car, and Strawn ISD staff will deliver your meals to you! *To join our Remind where you can request your meals through text, type 81010 in the recipients bar and @h9ckck in the message. Once joined, you can send a text requesting the number of meals you would like to pick up.
To better serve our Strawn ISD community, we decided to arrange the pick up of class materials by family. Please attempt to be at the pick up point at your designated time slot to avoid overcrowding. Come to the parking lot in front of the New Gym. Remain in your vehicle and the SISD staff will have your materials ready to deliver. Your students do not need to attend. The designated family time slots are arranged by Oldest Sibling's Last Name: *Starting on Thursday, March 26th, 2020. Then, every Thursday until further notice (for pick up and drop off of academic materials).
A-H 8:00-9:00 A.M.
L-R 9:00-10:00 A.M.
S-Z 10:00-11:00 A.M.
Please contact the school if we can assist your family in any way. In addition, Strawn ISD is finalizing the distribution of food to address children's nutritional needs while school is out. More information and guidance will be made available on our Facebook Page and website.
Strawn ISD asks the broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don't shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 feet of distance between people (at lest an arm's length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don't congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases - both inside and outside the country - we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care