Strawn ISD is working closely with state, county, and local officials to monitor the rapidly changing COVID-19 situation. As always, the district will take all necessary precautions to protect the health and welfare of all students and staff. Please continue to follow our Strawn ISD website and Facebook Page for the latest updates.
Strawn ISD's Return to School Plan has been released. You may view it here. We hope that this answers many of your questions. Strawn ISD will support families in the decisions they feel are best for their children and we will support our employees in navigating the next steps in Strawn ISD's return to school. We sincerely appreciate the patience and grace you have extended us as we work through these unprecedented times.
In accordance with the Texas Education Agency guidelines for return to school, we will offer parents/guardians the choice of on-campus instruction or a virtual learning option. Please contact Principal Cormack via e-mail (email@example.com) by August 10th, 2020, if you desire to follow the virtual learning choice only. Read the full letter here.
The deadline to apply for P-EBT has been extended to August 21st. P-EBT (Pandemic-Electronic Benefits Transfer) is a one-time food benefit for families who lost access to free or reduced-price meals due to school closures. For more information, visit: hhs.Texas.gov/PEBT or call 833-613-6220. Apply here.
With a few simple steps, you can support your child and family during COVID-19.
For mental health resources, please visit TEA.Texas.gov/MHR or call (833) 986-1919, and if there is anything we can do for your family, please let us know.
Strawn ISD is pleased to be able to offer face-to-face summer instruction! We will be following the health and safety guidelines from TEA which can be found here. If you have questions about summer school or would like more information, please contact your child's teacher or our office.
Please contact the school if we can assist your family in any way. More information and guidance will be made available on our Facebook Page and website.
Strawn ISD asks the broader community to take the following reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of the illness:
- Don't shake hands
- Wash your hands regularly
- Limit movement within the community, especially avoiding crowded places and maintaining 3 to 6 feet of distance between people (at lest an arm's length)
- If you are moving around in the community, don't congregate in large groups
- For those who have traveled to areas with known COVID-19 cases - both inside and outside the country - we ask that you self-quarantine and monitor for symptoms. Students who have traveled should plan to stay home for two weeks after arriving home. Please contact your campus to let them know, and this will be considered an excused absence.
- If you suspect you have symptoms of COVID-19, call your health care provider for medical advice
- Keep your child at home if he/she feels ill, even if you think it is just a cold
- Do not leave the house if you are ill, except to access medical care